Sacroiliac (SI) joint pain is related to too much or too little movement of this joint. A triangular shaped bone at the base of the spine, the SI joint is key in transmitting upper body movement to the pelvis and legs. Experts disagree on exactly what causes this joint to malfunction, however, problems tend to surface in lower back or sciatic pain that’s difficult to get rid of.
Chiropractic has been shown as a valid treatment option for sufferers of this condition. The experienced team at Stability Health Center takes pride in helping Seattle, WA patients with SI joint pain get to the bottom of their condition. We work to pinpoint what’s causing issues with this important spinal component and, using Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), strive to deliver tailored solutions for resolving pain and discomfort.
Symptoms and causes of SI joint pain
SI joint pain can be complicated in how it’s diagnosed, but generally there are a few core factors that accompany this condition:
- Muscle weakness and strain;
- Typically occurs on one side of the body;
- More common among women.
The end conclusion leading to an SI joint issue diagnosis is that the lumbar spine is not receiving the support it needs to function properly. Because the spine plays a crucial role in central nervous system health, this condition is liable to cause problems in other parts of your body as well. Treatments focus on reducing inflammation and strengthening key muscle groups.
Chiropractic is a solution for SI joint pain
Where diagnosing SI joint pain and getting to the bottom of its causes may be difficult, treating it is actually simpler. There are many potential treatments a chiropractor may recommend, including:
- Chiropractic manipulation: This is a highly effective method of realigning vertebral bones and discs. Many patients report significantly less back pain after just a few appointments. It helps stabilize the spinal column, alleviating compression and pressure on the SI joint.
- Physical therapy: Your chiropractor may prescribe an exercise regimen including lateral movements to strengthen the muscles surrounding the joint. This can provide greater stability and balance.
- Muscle relaxation techniques: This includes heat therapy and massage of the hamstrings, lower back, and related muscles. By loosening up the soft tissue, the flow of nutrients is restored, allowing healing to occur. It’s ideal for strengthening and healing SI joint damage.
Traditional medicine might recommend painkillers or surgery to deal with an SI joint problem. But chiropractic can also offer long-term relief from pain without harmful side effects or a long recovery time. This noninvasive, conservative treatment plan is an excellent option for many patients that offers incremental relief back to an acceptable standard of lifestyle quality.
You don’t have to suffer in silence with SI joint pain anymore. The expert team at Stability Health Center in Seattle, WA will give you the individualized attention you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation or to learn more about our Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) program and how we can tailor a treatment plan focused on SI joint pain relief.
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.