Fatigue is probably one of the most common health complaints by Americans today. According to experts, about 20% of us claim to have fatigue severe enough to interfere with living a normal life. An estimated 40% of these cases can be attributed to physical causes, while emotional or mental issues comprise the other 60%.
Fatigue can be caused by several things including poor nutrition, mental stress, disease, effects of medication and even poor posture, just to name a few.
Symptoms range from feeling slightly tired most of the time, to a physical and emotional inability to get out of bed in the morning to engage in daily activities. As common as this epidemic has become, the causes of fatigue differ greatly from person to person.
Fatigue is also one of the most dangerous symptoms one could experience. Those suffering from chronic fatigue often turn to caffeine and sugary snacks for energy, deprive themselves of exercise and fail to take any additional steps to find the root cause of their ailment.
Chiropractic care focuses on correcting posture, understanding that a misaligned spine can very well cause the body to run inefficiently. Walking around all day with a physical deformity such as scoliosis or thoracic kyphosis (being hunched over), drains most of your body’s resources while trying to maintain balance throughout the day. Even slight misalignments of the spine prohibit the normal flow of nerve energy from your brain to the rest of your body.
By getting specialized chiropractic care any spinal misalignment can be corrected over time allowing your body to regain its vitality and run at its optimal state.
For more information on chiropractic care as it pertains to your overall health and well-being, please contact one of Seattle’s most trusted chiropractors, Dr. Justin Favreau for a no-obligation consultation.