5 Ways a Chiropractor Can Help You Achieve More Restful Sleep
You toss and turn seemingly for hours before finally just getting up. You keep waking up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back asleep. You might think you have insomnia or that you’re just a “bad sleeper.”
For someone dealing with the chronic inability to fall asleep and stay asleep, any of these situations can be a common occurrence. And, it’s not long before tossing and turning every night leads to unproductivity during the day, not to mention a bevy of health and wellness issues.
Is there any sleep in sight?
Resorting to a last-ditch effort to sleep, many people visit the doctor for sleeping pills and eventually, they find themselves dependent on them to get even a wink of shuteye. It’s important to realize you have many options to help improve your sleep that don’t come with the side effects of over-the-counter medication.
Holistic chiropractic treatment, like that offered by Stability Health Center in Seattle, WA, can help you pinpoint problems keeping you from sleep. Take a look at five ways chiropractic could help improve your long-term sleep patterns:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Often, the source of discomfort while you’re trying to sleep is related to issues in the spine. Problems in other parts of the body may also be rooted in spinal misalignments. The spine plays a critical role in nervous system health. Realigning the spine helps nerve signals flow freely to all parts of the body. This can mean alleviating primary sources of restlessness and unease while you’re trying to drift off to dreamland.
- Pinpointing poor sleep trends: A trained chiropractor will complete a spinal assessment and analyze your medical history for possible sources of poor sleep. For example, issues like anxiety and depression can be exacerbated by subluxations (misalignments) in the upper neck. Muscle tension and spasms are frequently rooted in the wear and tear on vertebral discs. Chiropractors are musculoskeletal experts who can locate underlying problems associated with poor sleep.
- Lifestyle training: Nutrition and regular exercise are also critical for maintaining overall wellness and sleeping better. Your chiropractor can be an invaluable partner in helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle. They can also provide guidance about which sleep positions are best for enhancing spinal integrity.
- Stress relief: Chiropractic adjustments are correlated with reduced levels of stress, which is an important factor in getting restful sleep. A chiropractor may also provide other stress relievers without resorting to prescription drugs, such as therapeutic massage or trigger point therapy.
- Routine spinal maintenance: The bottom line is that poor sleep is always preventable. By visiting a chiropractor regularly, you’ll receive spinal adjustments that could make a noticeable difference for your sleep patterns. Whether it’s stopping a slipping vertebrae from causing radiating pain or simply leaving you more relaxed, routine chiropractic can play a role in your quality of sleep.
Are you ready for restful sleep? Turn to the experts at Stability Health Center in Seattle, WA! We can help address your spinal health through a keen chiropractic assessment technique called Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP). Contact us today for a free consultation and to learn more about the revolutionary CBP program.
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.